Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Random #5

Few days ago I realized the engine has, more or less, all the features I wanted to make when I first started working on it. Many things are still duct taped together, but the final polish should come while working on a bigger project. So, what I am doing now is remaking Quake 2D in the new engine.

That was the plan all along, but it took a while to make all the necessary entities and features that an actual game could be even considered. From spawners to dynamic lights, the usability of all entities will be tested in real life/game scenario and revised as needed.

There's not much new stuff I need to code from ground up. Enemy AI is basically all that is left, because it is game specific. AI in the original was very simple, and wont be a problem to remake, but eventually I would like to make it more advanced, like the whole remake.

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear :)! I'm downloading the QII 2D as I write this, and I'm really looking forward to playing it. I think your project is very cool and extremely ambitious. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always nice to hear some words of support. Unfortunately I had a lot of issues with my PC over the past few months, so the progress was much slower than I expected.

      Delete